Monday, August 4, 2008

Astalavista

No better way to say goodbye than knowing it in your heart that it's over. And finally, you're free. You're free of the guilt and pain that went into your taking your first step away from its source. Being emotionally high-strung, I knew I could not have lasted as a person, as an individual in its strong-hold of possession. I am free now and for the first time, I feel affirmation.

I need to thank myself for letting go of something I thought I could not live without. I can now and I have. And I will continue to. Maybe I could have changed a few things, but the step I took at the time I took it was really, really needed.

And I'm glad I did it.

All it took was to read a few lines in an e-mail. It brought a taste of pain, like when the blade of a whip hits its spot. And then, it brought relief. Because I will never put myself in a position where I feel it again and again.

No comments: