Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hola, Spring!

It's spring again, in the middle of monsoon. The one thing August in Bombay is famous for is sunlight showers. It pours and yet, all you can see is a blue sky with white cotton clouds with hardly any dark clouds (so one wonders where the rain comes from).

Today, there's a unique crispness in the air. It's cool and yet, one feels the warm sunshine on one's back as one goes on errands or just slides the window more to let the sunbeam embrace one's bedsheets. It's a day for walks (one cannot picnic on the streets of Bombay and parks dont allow food) and for just going on really long trips. I want to go to Pune. I want to do all the things I wanted to do the last and more...I want to visit the German Bakery and Manney's Bookstore. And sit in the Gazebo restaurant or some other name...dont know what. Sipping a Cosmopolitan and ordering pasta Alfredo with lots of tender chicken and mushrooms.

I just want a holiday today!

No comments: