Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My fave weekend

I shopped over the weekend. Staying at my old place, my home, my best vacation spot since the past few months, being with my family, going for lunches at the old familiar places and doing the old familiar things like drinking tea in pegs and taking a walk through the crazy "Market" road.

This time, we ate at Sachin, a non-expensive great seafood joint. Although they've hiked the rates up a bit, it was still just over Rs. 300 for three prawn curry and rice plates, a dish heaped with fried Bombay Ducks and a fried piece of surmai, three sol kadis and two Mangolas. Very VFM. The next afternoon (Saturday) we went to Just Biryani and had the most amazing chicken kebabs and Lucknowi biryani with subtle hints of saffron and melt-in-the-mouth chicken concealed within the heap of amber rice and caramelized onions. I so want my husband to go and eat the biryani. I'm sure he'll love it.

I bought jeans, two kurtas, a Christian Dior watch (the coolest thing I own right now) and a Jeffrey Archer omnibus. Went looking for bags too but didnt find anything that I liked. Hope to strike lucky next time, mom plans to ask the place where she bought her bag for an exact replica of her bag which i liked the best.

I didnt mind leaving and coming home back to my husband but I do miss being there. Every time I go home, I unwind completely and get back to my old routine. This makes me realize how much the daily routine's changed for me. Marriage is, of course, a life altering decision. I do love going back to the old life once in a while and come back to my new one completely refreshed and rejuvenated.

No comments: