Thursday, August 14, 2008

Crossword Sale again...

Crossword's having a sale. I like going to the air-conditioned, arm-chaired, carpeted chain of bookstores (bigger the better) and just lose myself for a couple of hours and think of nothing but the books I've been dying to read and hoard. I'm not sure if I'll find what I'm looking for but they also have an ordering service which I've never tried yet.

I miss going to Strand sales. They had a few months back but I didnt go; simply because I didnt trust myself to go and splurge on books that I dont read for months. I've still to continue reading Voltaire and Tales of Genji bought from last year's sale. They have the best collection that beats any book sale I've ever been to. I miss Russian folktale books though. The illustrations they have and the simple yet beautifully poetic tales they relate, it's as if an old Russian granny's telling them.

Right now, I'm re-reading the Namesake and going through my favourite paragraphs slowly, devouring each word that I've fallen in love with. Having seen the movie, I imagine the characters as well. I realized that I like both equally and differently; the book and the movie. They are so separate from each other that each is respected for its own unique identity and story.

Hope to catch the sale soon. There are a lot of titles I simply must have.

No comments: