Thursday, August 7, 2008

Missing a few things...

I really miss being one of a group. Nothing beats having one, solid best friend there for you through thick and thin. That is essential. Now that I have her, I need more.

I used to be a part of three-four groups and there used to be fun things that we would do, like go out exploring cafes or restaurants, group movies or a dance somewhere and hanging out...which was the best of the lot. I miss doing all those things with a group. All those people I used to be with have either drifted away on their own journeys or I've consciously stopped being with them to avoid some particularly poisonous friendships. Now that I'm home and can venture out whenever I want, I have no groups to go out with.

I never did miss this as much as I do when my husband does something with his friends. He belongs to 3-4 groups (i'm sure there's more) and ends up doing something with them - visiting karaoke bars or drinks after work or dinner or something - and I sit at home reading a book or watching TV. Which isnt bad but it makes me reminisce. And then I start missing the things I used to do.

Marriage is, of course, something that should tame the party-hard devil within, especially now that we're thinking of going further and starting a family together. But it's really hard when one of us is out there having fun.

I'm going to call up my best friend and make sure we do something at least once in a while. Then he can sit at home and wait for me.

No comments: