Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ramblings and Cribs

Last evening I worked till 9 pm and slept late after finishing my second read of the Namesake. The hubby wasnt around - he's partying with his friends at a hillstation near Bombay - so I had the whole room to myself with a giant LCD TV and books I could read till as late as I wanted. Sleep finally got to me and as I finished my book, I shut the lights off and went to sleep praying I didnt get nightmares else I'd never get any sleep.

Today he seems to be taking it slow getting back. First taste of freedom post marriage and all that. He said that he didnt know when they would be leaving. Of course, the people with the cars (or Scorpios, rather) are sleeping. They plan to have lunch and then leave. I'm sure that I'll be getting bored here but there's nothing to do as I need to wait for work and I cant go shopping all the time (on my salary, too). None of my friends or my family can just drop everything and visit me for half a day or just lunch. You need to sit in a bus for 2 hours one way to be able to do that.

Hence, I decided to write a post. It does a miraculous job of clearing my head and I get to crib to someone about it (or rather, the whole world). Plus, I have all this free time to actually do the assignments for our impending tour to South-East Asia. I have the "fun" job of making lists for packing clothes, medicines and anything else we might need for the 10 days we are there. I dont like lists as much as I hate packing. I'd rather get it over with soon and deal with what I've packed. My hubby's much more structured and I'm just a go-with-the-flow person. He makes lists for every single thing. He's even planning our financial present and future. I am trying to sort out the mess that seems to have grown to bursting proportions in my cupboard.

Arent we just made for each other?

No comments: