Monday, October 6, 2008

Because you need a list to pack a suitcase..

...I finally went and made one. Sent it by e-mail to hubby dearest asking him if that's what he was looking for. As with all other tasks that I dont like, I dont know why I cribbed and post-poned it for so long coz it was a little bit more fun than I thought it would be. I made a day-wise packing list with columns for day wear, evening wear, night wear etc. It helped me decide to buy two trousers instead of one and extra t-shirts and shirts. The only things I own are not enough and thank goodness, I identified how many extra clothes I need because it's too expensive to even want to launder your clothes there. Goa was different. Goa was in Indian currency. Still is the last time I checked although the accents are Caribbean.

Better than a fake (I-can-see-right-through-but-cannot-laugh) US accent. Which I used to hear a lot at work.

Hopefully, my husband will love the list and praise it highly. He's been a bit sullen ever since my father-in-law thought the tour was more like a jail they imprison people in. Plus, there was a slight irritation when we decided to order food instead of cooking it. We'd been to the tourist orientation programme organised by our travel agents where they had a walk-through of our package and an open question round with lunch thrown in. It was very pleasant and I've started to look forward to the trip even more. After we had a chat at home, we realized how my FIL felt and hubby did not like it very much. Especially since it is all paid for and nothing can be done. Not that we want to change our plans now.

Hubby and I are looking forward to the food and entertainment along with the sight-seeing that they're managing. I realized what immense work it is and you can just relax letting these tour managers take the pains of arranging your stay and travel. While telling you some interesting facts about what you're looking at or where you're staying.

There's not much time and I need to start shopping to get the things I need. Soon, every one will realize that and there'll be a few, anxious moments till we're packed and on our way.

Am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

No comments: