Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy week

Work consumed me like flames do a body...ok, not as bad as that but it did keep me busy through the week. Which was why I had to go home for my round of shopping for clothes (for my South-east trip) on a Saturday. Hubby came and we had lunch with my parents and sister. Quite a few things seemed to have been discussed as I faded in and out of conversations, checking whether the trousers were properly altered, showing off my possessions to an admiring audience and having fun flitting around the place. I also went out in the 2 pm sun (not a good time during the October heat) and got my eyebrows done and a further alteration made to my trousers.

We had a great biryani lunch which started off with puris and shrikhand and a french beans upkari (with loads of potatoes). After stuffing on those, we stuffed even more on a wonderfully 'dummed' Hyderabadi Biryani (the way my mommy makes it) with chicken that had a smoky, spicy aroma with raisins and roasted cashews lending more flavor to the already aromatic preparation. With beaten and slightly spiced curd on the side, it was beauuuutiful! I didnt realize how much I'd missed it.

Our home visit ended on a rich note, with a dark chocolate cake from Birdy's with two teddy candles waiting to be cut by hubby and me whose birthdays are in October. The richness of the cake stayed on in memory and that evening, at home far away from home, I started to get hungry for more biryani and cake.

Sunday was another frenzied bout of shopping. Bought three Maybelline lipsticks of which I need to return one as it's damaged. I was very surprised to see the lipstick fall out when I opened it, it was cut off on the bottom. Never had this experience with Maybelline products and I need to interrupt work today to go and rectify this problem.

We also packed last night and hubby worried that his clothes were taking over my space in the suitcase. Thankfully, I was occupied with an aching knee and did not tease him too much for it.

I cant wait to take a wonderful break for 10 days, visiting different places and trying out their local specialties.

No comments: