Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Waiting to Begin...

My classes are next week. I need to call the organiser and confirm tomorrow but she did say the group would meet Monday, so hope that's just a formality. I am excited to begin it already and the meeting we had last Saturday was music to my ears; she said she wanted everyone to stop treating it as a university class and more like a forum for sharing ideas and for helping us to grow professionally with the subject we're here to learn. She even had me fill out a form so I could put my learning objectives down in blue and white. She conducts these classes from her home. It's an old building a few minutes from a rocky beach along a tiny street dotted with residential buildings rubbing shoulders with cafes and elite restaurants almost hidden under gigantic palm tree fronds. It's a sleepy part of town, one of my favourite places. A few miles ahead is the Bandstand where I "hung out" with old colleagues now drifted apart. Where I had my first heart-to-heart talk with my best friend.

After the meeting, I went to a nearby accessory shop for a quick browse and although they were quite a bit expensive, the purses and necklaces displayed were very tempting. Especially as a gift for my best friend who is absolutely the most difficult person to shop for. Soon after, I took a rickshaw to a busy tiny street lined with restaurants all around. There's even a gym and a bank close by. She was late by a few minutes although that gave me enough time to freshen up after a tiring journey.

The restaurant of choice was Da Vinci - Italian food. A quiet, shaded place with a lot of black and dark brown wood and muted yellow lighting. Excellent jalapeno poppers (not very Italian, is it?) and cheese garlic bread (little rounds of toast and cheese that sandwich a yummy herb mix in between). We then had a fish and chips (chips were more wedges, spiced generously with chilli flakes and oregano) along with a Pasta Alfredo with generous pieces of chicken mixed in the cheesy-white sauce gravy that also had some crushed basil in the sauce. Excellent, soft flavours. It went along fabulously with all the news and gossip we had to catch up on in those beautiful 2 hours.

I then visited mom and sis. My dad came home late in the evening and we had a small talk - general stuff - until my husband reached the cafe where we were to have dinner. I'd just bought two beautiful purses - one a clutch and one a satchely bag that will definitely hold everything it needs to. I'm sure I still need one more bag, a posh looking one...will find it one day when I least expect it.

Now, I've got two birthdays to look forward to along with starting my classes next week. I dont need a forecast to tell me the days ahead look pretty good. :)

4 comments:

Maria said...

I love it when I find a really great purse.

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Me too...but the search never really ends. I went to buy birthday cards and this adjoining store had some really knockout purses.

Reflections said...

Positive vibes are just emanating from this post. Here's wishing u the best!!!!

Keep us updated:-).

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Thanks so much :) I will!