Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentinis: Valentine's Day posts

Ok, so my previous post for Valentine's Day was a bit serious and thought-inducing. For today's post, I want to post anything you've got that's even remotely connected to Valentine's Day; a funny post about it, rantings, stories, anecdotes...anything. As long as it concerns the festival of hearts, I'd love to link your story to mine.

Two blogs I found containing V-Day posts:

V-Day from the wait staff's perspective

A collection of NY hearts from Parisbreakfasts



My V-Day story
My most memorable V-Day was spent with my best friend. We were both single at the time and thought of going out together on V-Day instead of staying home just because we didnt have a date to go out with. We booked a table on the terrace of this seafood restaurant and decided to meet there at 7 to kickstart V-Day for singles' night.

We met at 7, dressed for a night on the town. Shown to our "table for two" the extra plates cleared away, we noticed candlelight on the other occupied tables, but our candle remained unlit. We joked about how they probably dont light candles for same-sex couples and went on to order a huge platter of fish. When it came to the table, the waiter immediately took away our unlit candle which made us burst with previously restrained laughter.

After a sumptuous dinner, we decided to have our favourite dessert - Mud Cake - at this really plush hotel next door. Unfortunately, we reached around 9:30, when the place had already filled for their V-Day buffet dinner. When they suggested we go to their bakery, we decided instead to go out somewhere else. Before we left the hotel, we went to the ladies room to find tiny vials of Maria Sharapova's signature perfume stocked beside the soaps next to the basin. My friend hastily picked a few, while I took only one, not wanting to be greedy.

I saved the perfume in its tiny vial for a few years, dabbing it on only for birthdays or going out somewhere special. It lasted a very long time, the scent remaining unchanged, until I lost the tiny bottle.

I dont think I've ever had a V-Day as full of surprises and fun as this little one.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I've never really had a spectacular Valentines Day. Probably because I go around griping about what a hallmark holiday it is and Bing is afraid to do anything besides get me a card.

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

I had a really great weekend this time. We were home alone, just the two of us, this time. Great fun!

Reflections said...

What a lovely memory!!!!
Girlfriends are something else....especially the ones we make early in life:-)).
Tiny vials reminds me of a somebody gifting us a set of 6 tiny bottles like tht..armani & the types, around 15 yrs back & how we too[sis & I] kept it for special occasions:-)).

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Reflections, I completely agree. Thanks for sharing your perfume story too :)