Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Workshop!

I finally started attending the workshop and had been too busy with assignments to post anything about it. I loved everything about it, others who'd come for the workshop were friendly and buzzing with ideas, which made discussions lively and interesting. There was such diversity: a lady working at the Mumbai airport, a stay-at-home expecting mother, a French teacher in the making, a student freshly out of school starting his first year in college. Yet, each was communicative and had loads of interesting stuff to contribute and we didnt realise how fast time sped by and it was already 2:30 pm: time to go!

We got a free-flow exercise called I, Me, Myself with a twist where we had to write about our own selves. There was no word limit, we just had to be honest and express ourselves on paper. This was the first exercise, before we attempted any other form of writing.

Other assignments include an opinion piece, a story and an interview. All to be done before the 25th. I spent yesterday going through a lot of websites to research my opinion piece. Once I'm done I'll let you know how and what it was. Until then, I'm with my nose to the grindstone, trying to meet my deadlines.

Reflections: I know you'll be looking for me to post 25 facts about myself. I will do it really, really soon...like perhaps over the weekend. Watch this space for more :-)

5 comments:

Reflections said...

Ur workshop sounds interesting:-.
Whats an opinion piece???

.....take ur time with the TAG, will wait to read it:-).

Leah said...

That sounds absolutely energizing. It's really cool that you've got such a mix of people in it.

Britt-Arnhild said...

Good luck with your deadlines.

Maria said...

I would love to learn 25 things about you.

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Thanks for leaving your comments ladies, will have a post soon I promise. But tomorrow I've got an interview to do and will be super busy till tomorrow until I hand it over for review. Wish me luck! Will be back soon as I'm done with that.