Monday, November 24, 2008

A Good Friday

Friday was good, last week.
1. I met my sister. Got a haircut. Lazed around, chatting, with a glass of diluted rose syrup until it was time for lunch. We went to this mall that only had a supermarket when I'd last visited it. This time, I travelled up four escalators to the food court at a height that initially made me a bit giddy. The theme of white and glass made the mall look much bigger and roomier. Hence, the escalators looked a bit too high for my liking but I made it up there while sauntering around looking at bags (designer, street style) and ordered Chinese from one of the open restaurants. The spring rolls were crisp, the schezuan sauce was great and the chicken chilly with fried rice was quite delicious.

We came down to the market to look through shops and visit my tailor who'd stitched my blouse right on time (which never happened when I lived there). We looked in Baggit and a store called Veronica which had the hippest bags. This time, they had nothing that I'd want to spend money on. I came back empty handed although with a good haircut.

2. Met my husband and visited KFC. A long pending visit. Ever since we'd wanted to eat there, we never made the time to actually go and throughout our trip out of India, we'd be passing KFC at almost every corner. Last Friday is when I got to sample the Country fried chicken and a small Chicken snacker.

3. Went to Bond for a drink-fest. Our last one. I've decided to go off alcohol from December onwards till God knows when. Not that I miss it already. I had a good time just listening to the music and tasting the mix of different juices with the alcohol in my cocktail. And, the food! This time the cook had changed, they had live music with a band (better avoided although they didnt kill every song - the female lead singer had a good, strong voice), and a different bartender. There were changes - Deep Navel did not taste quite the same although I had new ones and the Cocktail of the Day was quite superb. Thanks to our little snack at KFC, we didnt order too much food. Bond reduced its prices, so we didnt burn too big a hole in our pockets. Not that I needed to pay.

A good Friday led to a good weekend, relaxed and restful. We cooked chicken Hyderabadi in the microwave on Sunday. We also tried to top bread with tomato ketchup, scrambled eggs and cheese and grill them in the micro to make bread pizzas. Both were successful.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I admit to loving KFC. I like mine extra crispy.

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Me too! :)

Britt-Arnhild said...

Chicken Hyderabadi????? Do you have any recipe?

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Hi! I'm planning on getting it from my mom, will share it then! Or should I mail it to you?