Sunday, November 30, 2008

Food and more food

All celebrations - from the time I was growing up till now, when I'm married - have begun and ended with food. The main question isnt about who we're going to invite, it's what's on the menu.

My marriage turned a year old yesterday and we celebrated it with some of my family and some of his. Our small apartment was filled with relatives - about thirty of them. We had a pooja at home to celebrate and to bless our marriage and our families and all the tasks we have now set ahead of us. My husband has a lot on his plate. We're looking for a bigger apartment and he's also trying to study for a certificate course examination he plans on finishing in a few months' time. I want to focus on both family and career. Right now, I'm worried about losing my mind due to work shortage and the as yet looming effects of the downward spiral the business community is taking. At the same time, I'm fearful about the uncertainties; the latest bombing attacks, weakest security, zero co-ordination and the fact that someone I know or love might be stuck in the middle of it somewhere.

Today, I zipped over to other blogs after reading the ones on my list and went on to food and more food. I guess there's something about the Christmas season and winter that makes you want to stock up on food. I drooled over the cakes, frostings, macaron mountains, simple puddings and porridges. These things make winter cosier, warmer and more bearable especially when personal tragedies and worries make you more or less lonesome in mind if not otherwise.

I'm looking forward to some plum cake. Hope to speed to the holidays soon.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Ah...plum cake. That sounds divine. Personally, I could go for some white chocolate cheese cake.

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Oh, that too!