Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Holiday Ends...

...my in-laws are back tomorrow morning, early. Last minute cleaning up is on the list of tasks today and a getting back to the routine...not being on my own any more. My husband really missed them and of course, I did too but in a different way to his. I do love my independence and wasnt sure how I would manage the joint family thing but that wasnt so bad. But a bit of doing things as I like them, being alone with my hubby, taking care of him solely...that I loved. Now, it'll again feel like apprenticeship under my mom-in-law but the way she can manage and run things is something I've come to trust and respect. In this especially and many other things, I know I'm too inexperienced and lazy, and must work towards setting up this home if it ever comes to running the home on my terms. She has a fantastic system that I can emulate...if not copy.

But well... all holidays come to an end :). Somehow I still have mixed feelings, grateful that I'm not going to be running around everywhere on my own or get too dead tired at night to be an alluring mistress to my husband.

No comments: