Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Big Bad Thesaurasaurus

:) Just blaming machines for a human's shortcomings. It really scares me to modify a sentence especially if the word I'm looking to modify has multiple connotations or meanings and well...it really scares me coz there's no way of checking it out (I cannot ask the author). So, the work of actually sitting down to condense something interesting becomes a TASK.

Which I've been trying to complete this week and it still seems an uphill journey. Especially with healthy diversions like housework, making dough for chapattis, watching tele soaps, reading mail about Crossword Summer Fest, which has to do with everything other than books. Plus, all those activities are for kids! I agree with having a few days for kids to go crazy at a mega bookstore (someone has to buy those dust-collecting Harry Potter books!!) but at least something for a home-bound, freelancing book freak to enjoy in and at least have an excuse to visit a bookstore for something other than buying books! I've spent a lot and my bookcase wont be able to hold any more of my hardbound or paperback treasures...and well! Once an addict, always an addict.

I need to go back and battle the Thesaurasaurus and finish the pending task for once and for all. Enough diverting!

No comments: