Thursday, July 10, 2008

So much to say...

I went to my ex-office this week and the experience made me miss work a bit more than I used to. But I got back safely in my little shell and realized that I'd made the right decision and must stand by it. It was great to talk my heart out (we almost had a two-hour lunch session) and still had loads to talk about. We would...we were meeting after a very long gap of six months. The last time we met, I had just gotten married. Over a varied lunch of chicken hakka noodles, barbequed chicken and dal khichdi, I spilled out the beans, my heart and soul included.

But it was after that when I realized and did a lot of introspection as to where I was headed. I had procrastinated for the last six months and had basically let each moment guide me rather than take charge and pull myself towards new things that I could do now when sitting home and freelancing for a few hours every day.

I had a dream that night about a few false friendships and the next day, I wrote it down. I think I'm finally heading somewhere...there seems a long, long road beyond which there's a dim light beckoning me to follow its path but I dont know exactly where and how I need to go. But, it's a start.

Plus, while returning home from work, I had a good, long listen to some of my favourite songs in a rickshaw with a really good sound system and the right radio station. None of those old, philumee cassettes with the 80s and similar music playing non-stop. I could unwind just listening to those songs. Had to stop by Crossword and pick up a few books. At times like these, I miss Landmark and Book Lovers for the simple fact that I knew my way around those stores and they had the books I wanted. Here, I had a long hunt before I found the Miniaturist and Alexander Mc Call Smith and needed to ask for directions to the Times Food Guide 2008 edition.

It's a great, big store though although I also wish it had an extension of a coffee shop. Costa Coffee, just bang opposite, is closed for goodness knows what reason. Would've been nice to go across and sit for a coffee, leafing slowly through the Miniaturist.

I miss going out more.

No comments: