Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Picture Stories

I'm slowly getting hooked on to the idea of having photos alongside my posts. It's quite refreshing and exciting to read a story supported by photographs or sketches or some visual element. Every morning, as I read every blog on my blog list, I also visit some blogs I dont go to regularly.

Some of my favourite stories on blogs:

Homage to Jam (Paris Breakfasts)

Chocolate (House in the Woods)

Bring On the Parties (Cream Puffs in Venice)

Din Tai Fung (Trailing Spouse in Singapore)

Ok, I'm sure you see the connection now. I'm immensely partial to food posts :)

I do love posts that do not have pictures or food content; posts about life, people, friendships, relationships, parties, fun...everything that makes you live to the fullest through others if you're not particularly having fun in your own life. It also gives you a fresh perspective to your own life and makes your blog into a two-way window - through which you get a perspective of the world and others get a glimpse into yours.

Cheers to blogging!

3 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

Thanks for posting my link. :) Now I'm craving Din Tai Fung and it's only 9am!

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Me too! I wish they opened a restaurant in Bombay.

Girly-Girl said...

Forgot to add, I agree with the photos in a post being a blogger must. Everyone likes a pretty picture to help tell a story. ;)