Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rainy day today!

After weeks of clear skies and dry earth, it finally started raining cats, dogs and little white elephants today. It's grey for miles and miles and the mountains surrounding our buildings are all misted over. On really cloudy days, the mountains and the skies merge to create one shade of grey as far as the eye can see. And lucky me gets to work from home.

I still dont miss working at an office. As long as this arrangement works fine, I'm happy to work alone. I think better and work faster. As my job chiefly involves writing and creating ideas, I get to do plenty of that without distractions, without meetings, without colleagues dragging you for coffee or chats. Ok, I miss the coffee and chats and eating spicy Chicken pulao with brown, caramelized onions at this great dhabaesque restaurant, especially in the rains. But work's happening just great. And, I neednt worry about adding a few kilos.

The weekend looks great. The hubby is thinking of going the TGIF way for Saturday - fried chicken-cheese sausages, beers, burgers, and maybe Thai Flat noodles with shrimps (my idea).
Talk about no distractions! Hope this week flies past.

No comments: