Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hmmm....

Today's a hmmm day with a hmmm post. A day to ponder and reflect and revise. At first glance it looks like I'm free to spend the day reading Snow by Orhan Pamuk and yet... a black cloud of uncertainty threatens to rain all over my sunny parade. Gloom personified by bad news and cloudy skies is all around me.

I loved Saturday. Hubby and I went on our very first (Chinese) bus ride to Victoria Terminus. These are special A/C buses with seats elevated every few rows and the back of the bus made us bounce a bit giving a spectacular view of the moron autos inching towards our speeding bus. Going over bridges was an experience in itself...breathtaking views included in the package. I saw the old Byculla station, the old chawl systems of Parel still standing tall and proud, the shanties of Ghatkopar and grand dame of Bombay - Victoria Terminus. Going around Mumbadevi, Mahalaxmi, Prabhadevi and Bandra were huge big treats although the weather was muggy and very very humid. A drive around Carter road, a cold coffee at a cafe overlooking the torrid Bandra seas, coming down to the shopping district of Linking Road for lunch at Waterfield road... I miss them all very much today on a Monday morning, sitting at the ol' workstation and waiting for work.
Talk about gloom!

No comments: