Thursday, January 29, 2009

So much for making resolutions...

Into the first month and I still havent seriously damaged my bank balance even after diving into the Strand booksale. So far so good, I thought, and all too soon comes an email from Crossword announcing an 80% sale on books and slight discounts on movie and game CDs. For every 500 bucks spent, they're giving away free cappucino (hot or iced...u get a choice) with love from Brio, their in-store coffee shop.

I think God's trying to test my will power.

Also...I'm signing up for a writing workshop. They teach you how to write articles (newspaper etc.), attention-grabbing copy and they've also got a double script-writing session. Ten sessions in all. I am really looking forward to it although I'll be travelling a lot. The best thing is that I'm learning a lot and using my free time to get ahead. No more sitting back and letting such opportunities pass me by.

Wish me luck :)

13 comments:

Leah said...

Yes, I would certainly have a hard time resisting that one...

And the workshop sounds like a wonderful idea! Good on you for being so proactive, I'm impressed!

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Thanks Leah...it certainly is exciting. Plus, I'm sure this is what I really want to do. :)

SwB said...

Luck!

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

SwB, thanks! :)

Skeeter said...

Hi!

The workshop sounds like a blast. I've enrolled in a few those around here and they are always a lot of fun and great way to meet like minded people.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Britt-Arnhild said...

There can NEVER be too many books :-)

Good luck with your writing experience.

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Hi Skeeter, welcome to my blog. I certainly hope to get that from this experience. Checked it out when I went to register on Saturday and although I was the only one, the organiser explained her expectations of the workshop to me and it sounds like fun!

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Hi Britt-Arnhild. I completely agree :) and thank you.

Skeeter said...

Hi!

Has the class started already? If so, how is it?

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Reflections said...

Sounds awesome!!!!!Best of luck!!!!!

And I am soooooo jealous.....coz its just the kind of thing which interests me but no oppurtunity:-(

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Hi Skeeter...classes start next Monday. I'm to confirm tomorrow. Fingers crossed, am really excited.

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Reflections, I let this opportunity pass me by 10 times before I took the bull by the horns and actually travelled for 2 hours (one way) to the place that has this course. Of course, Bombay has such opportunities, not a lot of it around but even one is better than nothing. Isnt there one online?

Reflections said...

Actually I havent chked online but these kind of workshps are a rarity in this part of town.

Good for U!!!!! Admire u for not letting it go by.