Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Good Morning World!

After a relaxing morning cup of Boost and a mixed fruit salad, I want to shout "Good Morning World!" off the rooftop. The Devil's getting comfortable in her seat by the window, tapping away on her PC and listening to Maroon crooning "She will be loved..."

I finally picked up the overdue read Shopaholic and Baby, the series of which I'd suspended when reading Shopaholic Ties the Knot collapsing into a heap when the magnificent proposal happens. Mainly because she was getting married and I wasnt. Now of course, that's in the past and my life changed by leaps and bounds since that time. I'm happily married (newly) now and am looking for a new job. I've relocated to this new suburb and well...it's not the same, but it's not bad either. Anyway, I picked up Shopaholic and Baby and it's amazing how consistent the books are. It was almost as if the gap had never happened and I just picked up where I'd given up and gone on as if nothing changed. And nothing has changed, the Shopaholic is still as mad and addicted as ever. It's worse now that she's expecting...

Anyway, my best friend who lent me this book and I often go through the series in the same way: how it relates to us and our own individual struggles. Although I've considerably toned down the shopping urge now that I'm jobless, she's still happily addicted although very different from what she used to be. She budgets now and sticks to it! Apart from that, her personal life is looking up and I'd love to see how it goes for her in a few months from now. In fact, I'm totally eager to find out. Anyway...

The Devil's muttering something about looking at the clock and getting to the kitchen to cook a meal... Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

No comments: