Monday, November 30, 2009

2012 and a really good wine

Ok. So, 2012 wasnt as scary as I thought it would be. The film was obviously flawed and unreal but it had its impact. The only thing we could think as we sat glued to our seats was yeah, this could happen. Should we plan to go for that Europe tour right now? Should we sell all our possessions and move to Goa and open that restaurant we always dreamed of? Should we leave our jobs and live off the money until we crumble and die in another...2 years?

We needed some wine and lots of it. At least, my husband needed a pick me up and we went to Mocha just for that and a bite to eat.

Sula Dia turned out just right. Hubby thought it was a bit on the sweet side but I felt it had the right tang, sweetness and sparkle. It came in a slim, gold-green bottle. A ladies' wine, I think - dressed like one anyway. Tasting of fruits. I love the experience of trying a new wine and really loving it. It did a great job of comforting us after the movie. Not that my husband slept well after dinner. He dreamt of giving me the sea-spaceship ticket to me and boarding a bus to someplace. He doesnt know if he reached anywhere safe but was glad to wake up and know that he dreamt it all.

I hope the darn thing stays a dream. If 2012 happens like in the movie, we're all sitting ducks.

No comments: