Monday, November 9, 2009

What a relief!

8 days without Internet. Work on hold. Facebook on hold. A large portion of life on hold.

It was insane trying to get back online - a sea of government officials, excuses, frustrations, fights, pleading. Once we got re-connected, it seemed like we'd climbed Mt. Everest and back, such was our relief. And all I could do was email like crazy, check all my online networking games (cooked, baked, tended plants, harvested crops, re-activated properties within a few minutes), and then...put my feet up and read all the blogs I missed during my exile.

I love being back!

I finished reading French Women Don't Get Fat and learned a lot! Promised myself that I would not quit walking, will try the stairs once in a day, will develop my sense of taste and will never let myself go like I did in the past two years. It's a big awakening moment to know all of the things in the book and find it soo hard to follow through.

No comments: