Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bombay Diva - a new adventure!

I have a million Bombay stories in my head but no space in my personal blog to write them all down. After all, the Idle Devil started writing her blog for want of a web space to call her own to just type what's on her mind; kind of an online journal or diary. Bombay Diva started when I boarded the ferry that looks at the island city from a distance. It took me away from her and something happened: I was speeding away into the ocean and at the same time, felt myself being tugged back by the city I was speeding away from.





I could see Bombay from a distance and could imagine what millions of migrating people might have felt on spying the Gateway of India for the first time.



I inwardly celebrated my good fortune of never having to leave the city for good. Every time I leave the house and travel to the city, I find my mind bursting to hold in a million sights, people, faces, things, stories, facts of Bombay. I need space to write them all down. So, I welcome Bombay Diva - the light that is my city standing tall and mighty on a global platform.

2 comments:

Maria said...

What a great idea! Good luck with it!

The Girl from Lokhandwala said...

Thanks Maria. :)